1. Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery with honors, November 1980, Medical School, Alexandria
2. Master of Tropical Medicine and health with honors November 1986 Mechanism of Medicine,
3. PhD, endemic diseases immunity, May 1993, Medical Research Institute, Alexandria University
4. Diploma in Political Science (Parliamentary Studies), July 2003, Faculty of Economics and Political
Science, Cairo University. Last Position (before the coup): Professor and consultant Febrile illnesses and Liver diseases, Medical Research Institute, Alexandria
University Professional Experience: Supervision of the establishment, expansion, and management of the Dar es Salaam Specialty Hospital, Damanhour in 1994
- The establishment of the first Department of Public Relations and maintenance of medical equipment, hospital Assembly unit
- Participate in the preparation of specialized courses for administrative staff.
Social and Public Services: - Chairman of the Board of the Dar es Salaam Specialized Hospital, AL Beheira Province (for nine years)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Islamic Medical Association, Cairo
- The secretary of the Scientific Committee of the Islamic Medical Association.
- Secretary General of the Islamic Medical Association, the leading medical charity work in Egypt.
- Founder and Chairman of the Society for Relief and Humanitarian Aid
* Founding member of the Right-to-Medication Association (to defend medicine as a human right)
* Chairman of the Egyptian Association for supporting the Gifted and Talented (under development)
* Member of the Coordinating Committee between the trade unions and political parties and forces
* Chairman of the Committee to support Sudan's Arab Medical Union
* Founding member of the Ethics Committee for Scientific Research, Doctors' Syndicate, Egypt
* Participating in convoys of relief organized by the Arab Doctors Union and the Egyptian Medical Syndicate to Iraq before the fall of Baghdad and to Sudan (Darfur) in 2003 and 2005
Political Engagement: * Member of Parliament for the Damanhour district, for several election cycles between 1995 and 2013, despite government and National Party election fraud and rigging.
* Participated in dozens of programs on the Egyptian TV satellite channels (public and private) and Arabic and has been a gust on dozens of TV programs on issues of concern to the country since 2000. Over the course of thirteen years.
* Presented political development programs after the revolution of January 25, 2011 on the Modern tv channel of freedom.
* Ran as a candidate on the list of National Alliance, which was led by the Freedom and Justice Party
* Wrote more than 2,000 articles in a number of Egyptian national, opposition and independent newspapers and on numerous websites, as a news commentator and a political analyst.
* The author of two books: One is titled (A Diary of an Egypt Parliamentarian) covering the electoral experience and the second is titled (Falsification of the Will: A State Crime and the experience of a Parliamentarian Representative)
Dr. Heshmat is the Deputy of Egyptian Parliament in Exile, and a member of the National Alliance Supporting Legitimacy. He participated in dozens of tv programs on Egyptian satellite channels since 2000. He ran as a candidate for parliamentary elections in 1995, 2000, 2003, 2005 and 2011, and he served as a member of Parliament from October 2000 to January 2003 and from January 2012 to June 2012.
He is a leading member of the Freedom and Justice Party (FJP) and the Vice President of the Foreign Affairs Committee of Parliament, dissolved June 2012, and Shura Council member from January 2013 to July 3, 2013.
He participated in the Rabaa demonstrations and sit-in to protest the military coup from June 30, till the infamous massacre of August 14, 2013 , and sustained injuries in the back, legs and hands during the shocking violent police and military attacks on the peaceful demonstrators, in which they used USMade helicopter gunships and life prohibited munitions.
Dr. Heshmat is a surviving witness to the Rabaa massacre that shocked the conscious of the world on August 14th 2013.